Monday, Wednesday & Friday
4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Thrive has 24 programs throughout Minnesota, offering the following social and health care services: Adult Foster Care, Crisis Services, Residential Mental Health Services, Residential Substance Use and Co-occurring Disorders and Outpatient Substance Use and Co-Occurring Disorders.
Our IRTS facility in Moorhead, MN is designed to develop and enhance psychiatric stability, personal and emotional adjustment, self-sufficiency, and the necessary skills to live in a more independent setting. This facility also provides residential crisis stabilization services to individuals who are experiencing a mental health crisis situation. This position is Part Time and will be working Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
- To be responsible for monitoring client health status while in the program.
- Develop a health assessment tool.
- Assess client health at intake and monitor while in the program.
- Referrals to and coordination with community psychiatric care providers.
- Refer client to or perform annual physical exam if due.
- Address the needs of recipients with co-occurring Substance Abuse Disorder.
- Assess all medical emergencies, including substance abuse problems.
- To assure safe handling and administration of medications.
- Create documentation procedures and forms that assure medications will be used as prescribed.
- Train staff in using proper administration and documentation procedures.
- Observe staff for competency in administering medications and other health related procedures.
- Educate staff regarding medications, side-effects, and drug interactions.
- Educate clients regarding their specific medications, side-effects, and drug interactions.
- Train staff in first aid techniques and response to medical emergencies.
- Provide on-going consultation and advice to staff and clients.
- Order medications as needed.
- Supervise destruction of medications.
- To maintain open and honest communication with the Treatment Director and Clinical Supervisor and other staff promoting the concept of teamwork and support.
- Inform Treatment Director and Clinical Supervisor of all significant happenings.
- Communicates client and program needs to Treatment Director and Clinical Supervisor other staff via timely written and verbal communication.
- Promptly respond to client and staff emergencies in a supportive manner. Thrive Behavioral Network, LLC
- Attend weekly team meetings.
- Monitors medication administration programs with assistance of medical staff (i.e. RN, LPN, etc.) Performs related work as required.
To be qualified, an individual must be a registered nurse licensed by the Minnesota Board of Nursing to practice professional nursing.
In addition, all candidate must be a qualified Mental Health Practitioner by meeting one of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in one of the behavioral sciences or related fields and at least 2,000 hours of supervised experience in the delivery of services to persons with mental illness. (In lieu of 2,000 hours, a BA-level graduate MHPR may work under the clinical supervision of a mental health professional at the rate of 1 hr. individual clinical supervision/week. This supervision must be documented by the MHP.)
- Have at least 6,000 hours of supervised experience in the delivery of services to persons with mental illness.
- Holds a master's or other graduate degree in one of the behavioral sciences or related fields. All candidates must pass a pre-employment background screening.